Business and Operations encompasses a dedicated team of over 1,100 staff members who provide foundational strength to support the University's mission, enabling and inspiring success. This allows students to thrive, growing our future leaders, enables our faculty members in sharing insights and making new discoveries that will change the world, and propels staff members forward, ensuring our top-ranked University continues to flourish.
Central Business and Operations Functions:
- Office of Business, Hospitality and Auxiliary Services – Leads foundational business services across the University including dining, housing, transportation and mobility, special events, conference services, printing, mailing, surplus property services, the University Stores and more, committed to providing superior customer service in all that they do.
- Office of Facilities Management – Oversees all facilities maintenance and operations including building, grounds maintenance and custodial services, as well as utilities and facilities project management responsibilities.
- Office of Human Resources - Recruits, develops, retains, and supports a diverse and talented workforce while partnering in maintaining a productive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment. Serves as a center of excellence in providing foundational support for advancing the University's mission by helping make Pitt an outstanding place to work, grow, and thrive.
- Office of Planning, Design and Construction – Oversees campus development, including capital planning, architectural design, construction, signage, and space planning services, supporting advancement of the University’s campus master plan.
- Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management – Protects the safety and well-being of the Pitt community with a team of over 100 commissioned Pitt Police officers, 25 safety professionals in environmental health and safety, and other professionals in emergency planning and integrated security that are on duty 24/7, and oversee safety programs on all Pitt campuses.
- Office of Real Estate – The Office of Real Estate leads implementation of the University's real estate strategy to meet core space needs and support community and economic development objectives. The Office provides expertise in lease management, property acquisition and disposition transactions, asset management, and public private development partnerships.
- Office of Sustainability – Heads all aspects of sustainability for the University, including strategic plan development, implementation, partnerships, and analytics, continuing to advance Pitt as a global sustainability leader balancing equity, environment, and economics.
Key areas of focus to support the University’s strategic plan:
- People – Enable an engaged workforce in a diverse, equitable and inclusive campus environment
- Purpose – Deliver world class experiences
- Safety – Protect our community's health and welfare
- Stewardship – Responsibly develop and manage Pitt's resources
These are accomplished with an unwavering commitment to our foundational values:
- Excellence and Integrity
- Community and Collaboration
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Innovation and Sustainability